Todd Durkin, MA, CSCS, is an internationally recognized strength, speed and conditioning coach, personal trainer, body worker, motivational speaker, and author who motivates, educates, and inspires people worldwide. He is the founder of Fitness Quest 10 in San Diego, CA, a world-class facility that provides personal training, strength and conditioning, therapeutic massage and bodywork, Pilates, yoga, nutrition, chiropractic and physical therapy programs.
Todd works with a high-profile clientele of elite professional athletes. This includes NFL MVPs, Super Bowl Champions and MVPs, Heisman Trophy Winner, Olympic and X-Game Gold Medalists, and many other champion athletes. He is a two time Personal Trainer of the Year (IDEA & ACE) and has received numerous industry accolades. Greatist has named Todd one of the Top 100 Most Influential People in Health & Fitness for the past four years.
His gym, Fitness Quest 10, was named one of “America’s Top 10 Gyms” by Men’s Health for the past 5 years, and in addition to high-profile athletes, attracts many fitness enthusiasts of all ages, shapes, sizes, and levels who want to improve their overall health and fitness performance. His team of 38 trainers, coaches, and therapists deliver results to over 500 clients weekly.
Todd has appeared on 60 Minutes, ESPN, the NFL Network and has been featured in Sports Illustrated, USA Today, Men’s Health, Men’s Fitness, ESPN the Magazine, Stack Magazine, the NY Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and many others. He was also a featured trainer on NBC’s hit fitness show STRONG.
Have you ever used positive mantras or affirmations to help increase your sales revenue? THIS BLOG POST shares exactly how you can and how it can improve your sales.
Here are a few key secrets we talked about in this episode:
- Michelle introduces Todd Durkin.
- Todd shares the very first NO of his career (it may not be what you think).
- Todd struggled to make a decision on which college to attend, which led to his first devastating NO and also where he learned how to keep his mind right.
- Using the mantra, “Next, next, next” is how Todd moves past feeling sorry for himself when hearing a NO.
- “90% of success is between the ears.” ~ Todd Durkin
- Todd talks about living with more love, compassion and forgiveness.
- Building resilience is important as a salesperson and Todd shares how he built up his.
- Use your failures to forge ahead.
- Having faith and surrounding himself with positive mentors is how Todd built up his mental toughness.
- Todd shares how Nike and Adidas telling him NO led to even greater success.
- “If you have a dream, just set your intentions and go after them.” ~ Todd Durkin
- Todd shares an incredible story of how he was able to tell a potential client that he would not work with him, and how it changed that client’s life.
- Todd shares what he would tell his younger self.
Get more from Todd:
- The WOW Book: 52 Ways to Motivate Your Mind, Inspire Your Soul & Create WOW in Your Life!
- The IMPACT! Body Plan: Build New Muscle, Flatten Your Belly & Get Your Mind Right!
Connect with Todd:
If you loved this episode please consider sharing it with a friend! And we’d love it if you wrote us a 5 Star review on iTunes and subscribed to the show!
P.S. It’s time to start using positive mantras to help you improve your sales revenue! Click HERE to read how to improve sales with positive mantras.