Do you have what it takes to raise the money you need to turn your business idea into an actual business?
The truth is, entrepreneurs often find themselves needing money to get things going…but they also need to get things going enough so they can prove their idea will work! So how do you prove your value and show your ability to execute to investors so you can raise the money you need?
In this episode of Success Unfiltered, David Rabie of Tovala shares how he went from having zero experience raising money to successfully getting several rounds of investments that would turn his business school idea into an operating and quickly growing company.
Tovala is a revolutionary in-home cooking solution that combines a smart oven and fresh meal delivery service to make home cooking completely effortless. David leads the company while ensuring every decision stands by the founding vision. Tovala’s mission is to make it easier for people to eat well. As co-founder and CEO, Rabie has taken the company from an idea in business school to an operating and quickly growing company – with Tovala ovens and meals now in thousands of homes across the U.S.
If you’re intimidated by the process of raising money and finding the right investors for your business, this episode is a must-listen!
Here’s a few things we talked about:
- David shares a little bit about tovala and the first big rejection he faced in business
- David shares the difficult first round of raising money in order to build the team they needed
- The biggest challenge David faced raising money that had nothing to do with the viability of his idea
- Why a strong support system was key for David to keep pushing forward when things got tough
- David shares the importance of following up to not only create relationships but to also get things done
- The biggest factor in a successful follow up system for fundraising
- The biggest mistake David made early on in presenting his product to investors and what he would have done differently
- Why David decided to say no to a big investor and cost him an huge amount of investment money, and why it’s so important to set boundaries on who you want to do business with
- David shares what he would tell his younger self
Connect with Tovala:
If you loved this episode please consider sharing it with a friend, and we’d love it if you wrote us a 5 Star review on iTunes and subscribed to the show!