How can you properly position and market yourself and your business so that people see your value, no matter what industry you’re in?
In this episode, Justin Womack shares how the right positioning could be the difference between whether you get a NO or a YES.
Justin is a digital marketing specialist, copywriter, speaker, and podcast host. His journey from working behind-the-scenes to running his own business fast-tracked after a near-fatal accident where his car rolled upside down, underwater, and he spent two months in the ICU. Since the accident, he has started his own company (JMack Media), spoken for organizations like Marsh & McLennan and AIG, and launched a top podcast called Marketing Geeks with past guests including Pat Flynn, Dan Lok, and John Lee Dumas.
Here’s a few things we talked about:
- Justin explains why being a good writer and being a good copywriter aren’t always the same thing and the interesting way he tests the quality of his writing
- The first major rejection Justin got that made him take a closer look at his interpersonal skills and kickstarted his personal development journey
- The one skill that Justin believes all entrepreneurs and business owners must master
- The difference between desperation and being detached from the outcome
- How to balance sharing what you do with giving away all your information for free
- The importance of positioning and being able to show your value, no matter what industry you’re in
- How “fake it ’til you make it” hurt Justin’s business in the beginning, and how he was eventually able to build the foundation for real success
- The importance of storytelling and emotion in selling and how it can help you increase your revenues
- Justin shares what keeps him going even when things get tough, and what he would tell his younger self
If you’re ready to start positioning yourself for success, this episode is for you! Special thanks to Justin for taking the time to chat.
Connect with Justin:
If you loved this episode please consider sharing it with a friend, and we’d love it if you wrote us a 5 Star review on iTunes and subscribed to the show!