Justin Gold is the founder of Justin’s, a natural foods company that produces organic and all-natural nut butters and peanut butter cups. From humble beginnings at local Farmers’ Markets to launching a national brand, Justin’s is now one of the country’s fastest growing natural foods companies, with Gold serving as an innovator and thought-leader in the space.
As founder of Justin’s, Gold primarily focuses on driving new innovation, growing the business and ultimately building lasting relationships with consumers, by consistently offering a delicious product they can trust and believe in.
Gold attended Dickinson College, graduating with a degree in environmental studies in 2000. It was his experience at Dickinson College that gave him the confidence to walk into a business library and research how to write a business plan.
Justin’s has received numerous local and national accolades and ranked in the Top 15 on the Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Companies list in the Food and Beverage category two years in a row. Most recently, Gold was recognized as the 2013 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year in the Mountain Desert Region. Gold is a passionate entrepreneur who encourages others to follow their passion and never stop asking questions along the way. He lives in Boulder with his wife and children, finding his work/life balance by enjoying an active lifestyleas an avid trail runner, mountain biker, skier and backpacker.
If you’ve ever worried that a pivoting your business means that you’re destined for failure, THIS blog post about success from a pivot is a MUST READ!
Here are a few key secrets we talked about in this episode:
- Michelle introduces Justin Gold.
- Justin shares his dream of getting his product on shelves in Whole Foods, and how that led to his very first and MOST CRUSHING NO.
- Building strong solid relationships is an excellent way to achieve more moving forward in business.
- Justin shares the intriguing story of how he began to slowly make a pivot in his business by bringing in a new type of product.
- The new product was meant to bring more success to Justin’s business, but initially that was not the case.
- Changing the location of his new product on store shelves made an incredible difference in how it was received.
- Justin shares 3 tips to help you grow your business and pivot successfully.
- Just shares his most accomplished NO, and how he overcame it (it has something to do with gray hair).
- Justin shares what he would tell his younger self.
Connect with Justin:
If you loved this episode please consider sharing it with a friend! And, we’d love it if you wrote us a 5 Star review on iTunes and subscribed to the show!
P.S. Are you ready to pivot your business, but you’re afraid that it’s the wrong thing to do? THIS BLOG POST, all about success from pivoting, may just ease your fears, stat!