During the past 15 years, Scott Sorrell has helped his clients close more than $5 Billion in new sales. He is widely known as “Mr. Charge Higher Prices” because he trains sales teams and business owners all over the United States and around the world how to charge HIGHER PRICES and get their customers to thank them for it! His clients include Cisco Systems, MetLife, BMW, Rawlings and hundreds of other industry giants, as well as small and midsize entrepreneurial companies.
Mr. Charge Higher Prices serves as an Expert in Residence at the Center for Applied Innovation at the University of California, Irvine, where he teaches sales, marketing and negotiation to tech startups, and during the past 7 years he also has served as an Adjunct Professor of Sales and Marketing for MBAs and undergraduates at Concordia University and California State University, Fullerton.
Here are a few key secrets we talked about in this episode:
- Michelle introduces Scott Sorrell.
- Scott shares a little bit about who he is and what he does.
- Scott was asked to speak at a two-day conference and the amount of money that they were offering him was too low, so he used his “genius questions” and was able to almost 4x the amount. Curious what I mean when I say “genius questions”? Listen to this episode for Scott’s explanation.
- The biggest, most devastating NO that Scott received was the one he was telling himself when it came time to ask for money.
- The five years that Scott was in business for himself he dealt with a ton of stuff dealing with mindset and confidence. He shares how his previous conversations with sales leads would go.
- When Scott became a VP at an advertising agency, he became hugely successful at selling. He realized that he could sell as long as he wasn’t selling for himself.
- Not feeling confident in your sales conversation? Scott recommends doing research and becoming confident in tried and true sales techniques. This will help the conversation flow much more smoothly.
- Scott shares his selling technique called “Raise the Ceiling.” If you’re ready to start increasing your prices, this technique will work for you. Listen to hear the whole thing!
- Are you curious how to use this technique in YOUR business? Don’t worry! Scott provides an excellent example of how it would work for you and your business.
- When it comes to the “Raise the Ceiling” technique, there is a limit to the number of tiers you want to offer a client. Scott explains it all in this episode.
- “Never write the proposal for the client. Make them write your proposal.” ~ Scott Sorrell
- Scott shares what he would tell his younger self.
Connect with Scott Sorrell:
If you loved this episode please consider sharing it with a friend! And, we’d love it if you wrote us a 5 Star review on iTunes and subscribed to the show!