Rachel Pedersen, “The Queen of Social Media” is CEO of SocialWorks Digital marketing agency, full-time Social Media Consultant and Strategist, and founder of Social Media United.
Rachel is a top social media marketer and consultant, worldwide viral sensation, and leading authority on storytelling through social media and Facebook ads.
Rachel’s journey began in 2016 while working in her 9-5 (actually, it was an 8-5) day job. Within 6 months she replaced her income and built a clientele that she loved working with.
Rachel is also a mother to 3 beautiful children and wife to her supportive husband!
Have you been thinking of increasing your prices but you’re just not sure if you’re ready? THIS BLOG POST can help you determine if you and your business are ready for a premium price increase!
Here are a few key secrets we talked about in this episode:
- Michelle introduces Rachel.
- Rachel shares a brief overview of who she is and what she does.
- When Rachel first started out, she wasn’t charging premium prices. She shares how one of her first clients offered her $600 for the month, and she accepted.
- “You cannot convince someone that you’re worth it, if you don’t believe it yourself.” ~ Rachel Pedersen
- Rachel shares how she improved her self-esteem and realized her value and worth.
- The $600 a month client ended up being a true struggle for Rachel, which led her to fire the client, stack her wins and gain other awesome clients.
- Rachel helped a client go from $4k a months in revenue to to $180K a month in revenues, but she still fired them. She shares the FULL story in this episode!.
- Momentum is something you should never let go of. Make sure to maintain it at all costs. Rachel shares how she keeps her momentum’s going every day.
- “If we only do the things we’re supposed to do on the days that we feel like it, we’d only work probably two thirds of the time” ~ Rachel Pedersen
- Music is a HUGE momentum builder for Rachel because she uses it to help replace her soundtrack in her own head with someone else’s.
- Rachel has folders of proposals that she received several NO’s on. It has not been a straight path to success for her.
- Early on in her career, Rachel sent a proposal for $1K a month in fees. The potential client said that was too much money, but then came back recently to ask to work with Rachel again. Rachel now charges $1K per HOUR. Needless to say, the potential client still said NO.
- Rachel has sent out 30 to 50 proposals before she’s gotten a YES.
- Rachel shares three things you can do that will help you start increasing your rates and fees.
- Rachel had to fire a client that wouldn’t respect Rachel’s boundaries (she lost around $12K per month in revenue by turning them down), and tells the whole story in this episode.
- Now Rachel takes the time to share her boundaries clearly, and if clients are unwilling to abide by them she lets them go.
- It’s not worth building a business you resent. Rachel shares how you can create a business you actually love.
- Every time Rachel has let a client go because they weren’t a good fit, a better more qualified lead came around that WAS a good fit and hired Rachel.
- Rachel shares what she would tell her younger self.
Connect with Rachel:
If you loved this episode please consider sharing it with a friend, and we’d love it if you wrote us a 5 Star review on iTunes and subscribed to the show!
P.S. Start charging premium rates for your services! Read THIS BLOG POST to learn how you can start taking action TODAY!