Have you ever felt stuck in business? Have you considered hiring an online business coach to help you get over your rut?
Lindsay Burton is the Founder and President of the Kayo Conference Series. Networking is hard when you’re the only woman in the room. Kayo hosts industry events for women investors to create new business leads and connect with industry peers. Kayo organizes six annual summits reaching 1,500 women annually in industries such as Private Equity, Venture Capital, Energy, Infrastructure, Credit and Real Estate. Prior to founding Kayo, Lindsay held positions in private equity and investment banking in New York City. She currently resides in Charlottesville, VA with her husband and two sons.
Are you facing the fear of not knowing how to do what you need to do? It’s time to face that fear and hire an online business coach so that you can tackle what you need to do head on, and be your most authentic self!
Here are a few key secrets we talked about in this episode:
- Michelle introduces Lindsay Burton.
- Lindsay shares about the Kayo conference and how it began.
- How does a woman become a leader in a traditionally male-dominated industry? Lindsay shares how her upbringing prepared her for the finance industry.
- Once she was on Wall Street, Lindsay realized that there weren’t many women doing what she did.
- Because Lindsay had grown up doing math and finance, it never occurred to her that women weren’t a major part of that industry.
- When Lindsay became a mother, she found that expectations of her had changed: it felt like she was being forced to choose between her authentic self and her career.
- After being forced out of her role after maternity leave, Lindsay knew that something had to change. She said NO and quit her job to go out on her own.
- “I believed in myself enough to know that they were wrong.” ~ Lindsay Barton
- When Lindsay had to go out on her own, she discovered that she had skills she didn’t even know about, and that she was able to learn what she didn’t already know.
- Since she was in a niche expertise, she didn’t have to use all of her skills.
- Lindsay had sold tickets for a show, and planned it all out, and just a few weeks before, thought, “who’s going to run the show?”
- Lindsay said YES to hosting the show and being onstage, hired an acting coach, and took on the emcee role!
- You’re going to see employees leave your business – say NO to taking it personally when they move on, and instead look at how they have helped & contributed to your business.
- Lindsay shares how she goes through the hiring process, and how she finds talent to join her team.
- Two personality assessments that Lindsay uses with her team are the 5 Voices assessment, and “Humble, Hungry, and Smart.”
- “There comes a point in business where you grow enough that you have to redefine your ideal clients, sponsors, and investors. Sometimes you outgrow them.” ~ Lindsay Burton
- As a people pleaser, Lindsay has to think of her team, and protecting the business. NO is not about her; it’s about what is best for the business.
- Lindsay shares what she would tell her younger self.
Connect with Lindsay Burton:
If you loved this episode please consider sharing it with a friend! And, we’d love it if you wrote us a 5 Star review on iTunes and subscribed to the show!
Ready to move your business forward and hire an online business coach? In THIS BLOG POST, I’m sharing what a business coach can do for you, and what you need to look for when hiring an online specialty mentor.