David Meltzer is the CEO of Sports 1 Marketing, a firm in which he co-founded with Hall of Fame Quarterback Warren Moon. Sports 1 Marketing is a global marketing agency whose projects include: The Super Bowl, The Masters, and Pro Football Hall of Fame, the Crescent Moon Foundation, and the Unstoppable Foundation
David has been recognized by Forbes and Entrepreneur as a Top 5 Keynote Speaker. David’s been named 2017 “Game Changer of the Year” by ACQ Global Awards. He’s been honored for his philanthropic work as Variety Magazine’s “Sports Humanitarian of the Year.” And, he’s a recipient of the Ellis Island Medal of Honor
He is the international #1 best-selling author and national best-selling author of Compassionate Capitalism and Connected To Goodness. More recently he’s become the Executive Producer, and host judge of Entrepreneur Media’s newest original show, Elevator Pitch. He’s also newly released a podcast, The Playbook, with Entrepreneur, which landed as a Top Five business podcast on iTunes.
Are you afraid to ask for help? If your business feels like it is slowly falling apart, and like you could benefit from the assistance of others, it’s time to ask for help! THIS BLOG POST will encourage you to reach out!
Here are a few key secrets we talked about in this episode:
- Michelle introduces David.
- David gives a quick 45 second synopsis of who he is and what he does.
- The most devastating NO that David experienced was when he was fresh out of law school, interviewing for jobs.
- If David hadn’t received this NO, his whole life would have taken a different trajectory, so he is grateful for that NO.
- David shares how he felt after a potential employer called him fearful and desperate.
- David believes in tough love!
- I’m no victim. I’m gonna make it my story.” ~ David Meltzer
- When David became the CEO for Samsung’s first phone division, it was the best time of his life, that eventually led to his lowest point– bankruptcy.
- Another one of David’s most devastating NO’s was when his wife threatened to leave him if he didn’t change his life.
- It was an expensive lesson to learn, but David quickly learned that money and things aren’t what bring him happiness, it was helping others.
- “I’m gonna shift my paradigm of value. Instead of worrying about what I’m gonna get, I’m gonna only worry about what I’m gonna give.” ~ David Meltzer
- After David shifted his values, amazing things started opening up for him. New jobs and more revenue.
- David shares 3 ways to get over NO’s as a salesperson.
- When David flipped the script and began telling others NO, it led to him to letting an employee go, which ended up being a blessing for the individual.
- David shares how awful it is to own a ferrari. 🙂
- David shares what he would tell his younger self.
Get David’s books:
- Compassionate Capitalism: Journey To The Soul of Business
- Connected to Goodness: Manifest Everything You Desire in Business and In Life
Connect with David:
If you loved this episode please consider sharing it with a friend! And, we’d love it if you wrote us a 5 Star review on iTunes and subscribed to the show!