What do you do when you realize that the rejections you’re getting in sales and your business are starting to affect other aspects of your life?
That’s exactly what happened to Corey Poirier, until one big NO woke him up and forced him to face rejection head on and stop being so attached to the outcomes he was seeking.
Corey is a multiple-time TEDx Speaker. He is also the host of the top rated ‘Conversations with PASSION’ Radio Show, founder of The Speaking Program, and he has been featured in multiple television specials. A columnist with Entrepreneur and Forbes, he has featured in/on CBS, CTV, NBC, ABC, and is one of the few leaders featured twice on the popular Entrepreneur on Fire show.
He has also interviewed over 4,000 of the world’s top leaders. One of his most recent talks took him to New York City where he had the extreme pleasure of speaking to At-Risk Youth at the Brooklyn Navy Yard Boys & Girls Club.
Here are a few key secrets we talked about in this episode:
- Corey shares the biggest hit he took early on in his foray into screenwriting and what he would have done differently
- The most important thing Corey has learned from interviewing almost 4,000 high achievers
- How Corey decides what to say yes to and what to say no to in order to protect his time and energy and how you can create your own “purpose statement”
- How Corey picked himself back up from one of the most devastating no’s that made him wish he could hibernate
- The definition of “single-tasking” and how it can help you in life and in business
- The big no that woke Corey up to how NO was not just affecting his sales, but affecting his whole entire life and what he did to become less attached
- Corey shares what he would tell his younger self
If you’re ready to detach from the outcome and stop letting rejection ruin your life, this episode is for you!
Connect with Corey:
If you loved this episode please consider sharing it with a friend! And, we’d love it if you wrote us a 5 Star review on iTunes and subscribed to the show!