Amy Selbach is a brand and sales strategist, entrepreneur and mother to a toddler (her favorite role of all). She has traveled to over 65 countries for both work and play, usually a combo. She started negotiating at 2 years-old (later bedtimes and more snacks) and ended up selling millions of dollars in sponsorship deals to international governments and CEOs.
She has lived and worked in the Middle East, Africa, Asia, and Europe devising marketing and communications brand strategies for both countries and companies from non-profits to Fortune 500s.
She has worked for 15 years helping small business owners take the first steps to launch and market their businesses. She leads brand development workshops, marketing courses, and coaches entrepreneurs 1 on 1. She was also the founder of Taut Body fitness studio in Nairobi, Kenya and has her own teacher certification program.
Do you ever wonder when or even HOW you should tell a client NO? There will come a time when you need to tell your client NO because they just aren’t a good fit to work with, check out THIS POST to learn how it’s done!
Here are a few key secrets we talked about in this episode:
- Michelle introduces Amy
- Amy shares a little bit of what she does.
- The first major NO Amy experienced was while she was working on trying to secure funding for projects. She shares the whole story!
- Amy shares that starting with the decision-maker makes the whole process of securing funding easier.
- “The follow up process, is where businesses &/ clients get to know, like, and trust you.” ~ Amy Selbach
- Amy describes what it was like to receive 300 NO’s in 12 months.
- Amy learned a lot in those 12 months and shares her biggest takeaways.
- “Reading Between the Lines” is a new language that Amy teaches us how to read in our client meetings.
- Amy shares the four buyer types.
- Amy had to shut down her fitness studio in Kenya and believes that it is her most accomplished NO, she shares her story.
- Amy shares the juicy NO that she got to tell a potential client or customer, when she didn’t fit Amy’s program.
- Amy shares what she would tell her younger self.
Connect with Amy:
If you loved this episode please consider sharing it with a friend! And, we’d love it if you wrote us a 5 Star review on iTunes and subscribed to the show!
P.S. Ready to gain confidence to tell your less than ideal clients NO? CLICK HERE to read how using NO can be empowering and lead you and your business revenue’s in the right direction.