Have you ever experienced major obstacles in your business? Maybe financial difficulties? Businesses in financial trouble can feel scary and like it can’t be overcome, but this week’s guest shows us how to overcome anything, even money trouble!
Adi Arezzini is co-founder and chief executive officer (CEO) of Teami, a lifestyle tea company with premium-quality loose-leaf teas and tea-infused skincare. From a young age, Adi was taught the benefits of holistic health and plant-based eating by her health-conscious mother. Following her interest in health and wellness, at 19 Adi worked as a combat trainer for the Israel Defense Force and a few years later became a National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) certified personal trainer.
After returning home from living for years in the army barracks in Israel, Adi realized her gut wasn’t functioning properly, due to a lack of access to quality nutrition. Soon Adi began experimenting with loose leaf tea blends as a natural remedy and only four years later, Adi created Teami.
Imagine hearing NO after NO, when you know your business is struggling to keep up monetarily. It can feel pretty scary! But, there are always ways to overcome those sales obstacles. If you want to learn more, then read THIS BLOG POST!
Here are a few key secrets we talked about in this episode:
- Michelle introduces Adi Arezzini.
- Adi shares her first NO – $10,000 worth of tea getting held and destroyed by customs!
- “I make mistakes when I am not educated on something. The biggest mistakes I made were when I didn’t research something, and then I wasted money.” ~ Adi Arezzini
- In retrospect, Adi says she waited too long to find a mentor. She would have found someone local in the field and learned from them sooner!
- When you utilize digital marketing, no one is telling you “NO” because you’re not knocking on doors; all of the sales come from marketing.
- We relied on platforms for people to see our products and service.
- Successful people lean into the fears and challenges in front of them; others turn and walk away so they don’t have to deal with it.
- By leaning into obstacles, you put the control in your own hands.
- Adi changed organizationally what they were doing and were not spread thin. The team was able to become experts at what they did so marketing was wiser and created clarity rather than confusion.
- “I cling to concrete facts; numbers don’t lie.” ~ Adi Arezzini
- A friend urged Adi to take her tea to Whole Foods and Sprouts. She bought a pant suit and took a basket of assorted teas in, met with managers, and was brushed off.
- Adi thought, “How can I be in control of my own success? I can take up digital marketing; telling my own story, not waiting for someone to give me a chance.”
- Hunger and a drive to survive to keep you going through the NOs.
- No matter where you are in business, you still go through rough times; it’s what you sign up for as a business owner. Everyone deals with it!
- Being a business owner is a long term commitment. Keep long term goals, because one business will not uptrend forever. You need to know you will be in it for the long term.
- Vision and long term planning are the most important. Stick to the vision and why you started.
- Adi shares what she would tell her younger self.
Connect with Adi:
If you loved this episode please consider sharing it with a friend! And, we’d love it if you wrote us a 5 Star review on iTunes and subscribed to the show!
P.S. Stop letting people tell you how you need to run your business! Find a way that works for you, brings you success and helps you overcome every sales obstacle that comes your way. Read more in THIS BLOG POST!